Home is where the heart is, and volunteers are the heart of our home building mission.
You can become part of our heart by volunteering. You don't need any construction or building experience, although we certainly welcome those skills! Our knowledgeable staff will teach and guide you, and you'll never be asked to perform a duty that makes you uncomfortable.
Bring your individual passion, creativity, and other unique strengths to our framework of building homes. We appreciate you and your gift of time and talent – no matter how small.
Check out the many ways you can get involved:
- Individual volunteering
- Volunteering as a group- Check out our news page for clips on past group builds!
- ReStore Home Supply Center volunteering
- Check out our new "Adopt a Shelf" Program at the ReStore. This program is designed so that any one, groups and individuals, can become involved on a regular basis with small time commitments!
- We always need help in our office; data entry, answering phones, even simple tasks such as filing.
- Merchandising can be a lot of fun; stocking shelves, rearranging stock, etc.
- Call Allison Anderson our ReStore Volunteer Coordinator for more information (970) 263-0858
- Serving on a volunteer committee:
- Construction - help us continue to build safe, decent affordable homes with Energy Star ratings by bringing innovative construction techniques and ideas to the table.
- Faith in Action Team - help bring together all walks of faith in the Grand Valley to support the mission of Habitat
- Family Support- help our "Family Partners" through their journey of building their home by becoming a "Partner"
- Family Selection - members of this committee help to assess families for our program and make recommendations to our Board of Directors
- Public Relations - help to continue to grow Habitat for Humanity of Mesa County within our community
- Resource Development - help to develop new and exciting fundraising events and techniques
- Volunteer Committee - for volunteers by volunteers this committee will help to expand our volunteer base and retain it!
Contact us today. Experience the joy, satisfaction, and fun of working side-by-side with others who share the common mission to build safe, decent, affordable housing for God's people in need – no matter where we serve.
Call us at 970-255-9850, or click the VolunteerUp icon for more information.